Sustainability at Partington's
Partington's are going greener for 2022
Partington’s are making huge steps towards a ‘greener future’, making our business more environmentally friendly not only improves sustainability but also creates a healthier environment for our customers to enjoy.
- New for the 2021 season were our 100% recycled plastic picnic tables, the furniture is recycled using plastic bottles as the main ingredient. Choosing recycled plastic reduces the consumption of fresh raw materials and helps to reduce energy usage. The high-quality recycled outdoor furniture will be a great addition to our Parks, offering the perfect place to enjoy a picnic.
- We have also swapped our paper straws for 100% biodegradable hay straws made from wheat stems. We wanted to move our business forward in a more eco-friendly way, with innovative and creative thinking! We think our new hay straws are a great addition in any hot or cold beverage. Hay straws have multiple benefits not only are they biodegradable but they are entirely compostable and don’t go soggy in a drink either like paper options often do.
- To accompany our new straws are our 100% recycled paper cups for serving our delicious alcoholic beverages and takeaway coffees, manufactured in Britain using FSC approved paper. Purchased from local business Paper Cup Company, the sustainable packaging will mean our customers can enjoy their refreshments and the disposable cups can be made into compost.
- We have also swapped all of our Holiday Home hire fleet bath mats to eco friendly sustainably sourced cotton alternatives and recently purchased 100% recycled metal and sustainable bamboo pans and utensils for all of our hire fleet at Black Beck Holiday Park. Silicone is more environmentally friendly than plastic and more durable too, silicone is recyclable but not biodegradable, however it does not break down into micro-plastics either, which makes it ocean-friendly and less harmful than plastic.
- At Partington's we also pride ourselves on using electric vehicles around our Holiday Parks, our electric buggies are for customers to enjoy tours of the Holiday Park and they are also the main use of transport for our onsite Housekeeping teams.
- In 2022, all our Holiday Parks became pet friendly, we chose to use Closed Loop Recycling, a solution from Oaklands Group to battle plastic waste heading to landfill. Old products including their Apollo Dog Bins (100% recyclable) are recycled at the end of their life by going through their closed loop recycling process which includes the product being shredded down to regrind and then turned into a material that can be remoulded, repacked, and reused making the product 100% recyclable and preventing the item going to landfill. Our dog bins have been supplied by Roadware.
- In 2022 we've also changed over to peat-free compost across all of our Holiday Parks! Peat-free composts are great for water retention and are carefully blended to provide optimum growing conditions for all of our plants on Park.
We are sure our customers will take pride in the steps we are taking to adopt the principles of eco-friendly living.
Products swapped for eco friendly alternatives since 2020!
Eco-friendly holiday accommodation
If you fancy booking an environmentally friendly break why not try one of our Anthropods?
When staying in our luxury Anthropods in The Lakes, guests will have the pleasure of using a range of high quality, environmentally friendly products, making the Anthropods the ultimate eco sanctuary. While the Anthropods look to allow guests to feel at one with nature, we hope that the personalised touches and specially selected eco products will offer those home comforts we all know and love.
The following items have been specially selected to ensure that The Anthropod experience is as economically friendly as possible.
Inside the Anthropod you will find:
- 100% recycled metal saucepans with smooth bamboo handles
- Bathmats made from recycled cotton fibres
- Refillable washing up liquid and Kitchen cleaner
- High quality door mats, made from 100% natural coconut husk fibres
- Collapsible washing up bowl, made from PP&TPR materials
- Compostable Sponge Cleaning Cloths
- Hand crafted knife block, crafted from 35% wheat fibre and 80% recycled steal
- Ashton Toiletries, made using post-consumer waste plastic and manufactured using less power and water than the majority of competitors
- 100% recycled coat hangers
- OEKO-TEX(r) certified towels
- Quality duvets and pillows, made from post-consumer waste. The range selected is made using less energy than a regular production line, helping in the reduction and consumption of fossil fuel